Setting goals is something you do not treat lightly. Much time and effort is usually put into deciding, planning and strategizing. Progress will come much faster, when you pay attention to the habits and mindsets that will instantly derail your best efforts of making and keeping your desired goals.
- Procrastination – the habit of waiting before you can begin or start something. You may delay because the moment does not feel right, it is not the first day of the month or year, you do not have all your “ducks in a row”, not dressed right. This list is endless of all the reasons people come up for why not to start “Right Now”. Stay clear of this trap and decide NOW.
- Waiting for permission, an invitation, a “green light” that gives permission to move ahead. You are the one who ultimately decides you have permission. But until you decide that your choice has weight and merit, allow me to give you that permission right now! You have permission to move forward, to be what you desire to be.
- Waiting to be chosen, for someone to ask you to participate. Good NEWS… You are already chosen! God is choosing you to play big every day in this game of life.
- FEARS….of failing, of succeeding, that you might outshine another, that you might look bad, that you won’t do it right, that you might be embarrassed, that you might change because of your success, that other people will want too much from you, that being successful will change your situation and therefore, change the people you love. This list is endless as to what fears pop up in the mind. Fear is just a bunch of words that have been given energy from too much time and focus.
- No patience. The road to success is an up, down and curvy road. At time you may feel that you are not making progress or moving fast enough. Change happens in small movements and sometimes goes unnoticed
All 5 will challenge your best efforts; but awareness is the key that unlocks success.
4 Remedies to keep you moving forward
- Now is the perfect time. Ponder this old proverb, “The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” Pick one physical action each day and soon your efforts will produce the result you desired. The greatest battle is in the deciding. So decide that NOW is the best time. Could use some help with getting those goals turned into reality?
- Self-Care: Giving inward, always enhances what is given outward. There is great truth in the saying, “You cannot give to someone else what you have not, or are not willing to give to yourself.” So what you see that others need…..go ahead and give to yourself. More often than not, you will benefit from the same tender loving care. Click Here and read more of what I do that is quick and simple.
- Permission to experience failure and set-backs. The fear of failing is a huge roadblock for stepping out and taking steps of action. Remember…. One only knows the exhilarating emotion of true success, because one has experienced the emotional depth of failure. Failure is just another word for “try again”.
- A Conquered Fear is just a fear that is under strong management. Rather than spending time to fight and conquer your fears….learn strategic moves to manage your fears.
- Acknowledge the name of the fear (Fear of success, fear of looking better than someone else, etc.)
- Transform the energy by creating a statement that is the opposite of the fear
- Focus on that new transformed thought and idea.
- Act in every possible way that says “I believe this to be true”.