The traditional method of organizing is to work from the outside in. You know how eventually every room, desk, or closet becomes disorganized, and after a period of time you cannot stand the chaos any longer; therefore, you schedule in some “throw it out, deep cleaning time”. This feels great, the cycle repeats itself and chaos hits again.
I think we have it backwards.
Rather than expecting your newly clean space to change your emotional outlook that only lasts for a short period of time, (ie. to feel more in control, positive, happy, and productive); I say, focus your efforts first on a little self-care within. As improvement comes you will also notice greater power to change your living and working space. Your efforts become an extension of your attitude and moods, creating a form of team work supporting a longer lasting positive outlook.
Clutter is just the symptom of change……
waiting to get noticed and “bubbling” around inside.
A GLOWING individual is capable of stopping the hussle and bussle of any day to address those inner distress signals. A message left unattended only sits inside, screaming for your attention.
A few simple tips:
1. Give added attention to how you response and your feelings about situations. Do you feel that you are being heard? Do you feel that you are noticed and appreciated? Do you feel that you have a direction in life?
2. What ever you feel that you are not receiving enough of, ask God to feel that spot. Majority of the time we are focused on all giving to one another; but in what ways are you giving to yourself?…..and then with that asking God to magnify your efforts?
3. Finding healthy ways to let go of the old “inward” junk is imperative!! Emotions do not just “go away”. For me, I recognize the thought/emotion that is being charged for that moment. Then I design a thought that has a greater and higher value to move me in the direction I want. Even though I feel a change, I am not finished until I clear the last unresolved emotion through the healing power of music. (Click to understand the power of music)
For the last 12 years, these hold the greatest track record for achieving my sense of peace…….Serene Tones,©, Comfort,©. as well as Heart Tones,©.
I use Heart Tones© to give a boost in the morning or mid-day. It helps me get going on any project, putting my day into a positive forward motion.
Key to remember…..
The tendency when something feels uncomfortable is to…
- Ignore – a futile attempt to make it go away
- Over look – If we think or say it “doesn’t really matter”, then we feel that the tinge of distress will disappear keeping us from speaking our truth and looking bad.
- Get Tough and Push Through – this is the tough guy symptom that thinks, “I can do all things” (meaning “by myself”). The problem with this statement is you left out the rest of the statement….”I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Now you are probably saying to yourself, of course I know that….that is what I do. Is it really? I thought I did. Then I realized that I was just playing martyr, for a false of myself.
- The best way is to “resolve and transform”. Clean out the mental/emotional clutter, then replace with a thought and phrase that holds some true value and merit for you. As you do your part, the Lords strength is given to magnify all your efforts and work….Help your mind to accept it through the added influence of tones from music.
Go ahead!!!! Organize the inside. You have the power to optimize all of your efforts….What ever the task