Did your High School put together a “time capsule” at the end of your Senior year? If you don’t know what a time capsule is, it is a container which held all the events and memories of that year. Typically after 25 years the capsule would be opened displaying the materials saved from the past. Typically each memory held some type of symbolic meaning, accompanied with an emotional charge, which helped you to remember the event as if you were still living in that moment.
The holidays themselves act as a large time capsule, gathering and holding memories from experiences past and present. The smell of the tree, an ornament, parties, food, cards, presents, each a symbol of events filled with ideas that spark an emotional charge. And because of the abundance of stimuli, you feel wonderful one moment, and then a simple oversight or something happens and an emotional flood gate is opened sending buried, forgotten memories and emotions racing to the surface.
You ask yourself, “What is happening?” You either get angry or you can’t stop crying. You begin to feel silly, but you can’t stop the wave of emotions. Those emotions are coming from thoughts of being forgotten, overlooked, or not included. You are surprised at the power that something so simple could have over you. Embarrassed and a little shocked, you begin the self talk of “pull it together”, “your acting silly”, “you have no reason to be acting like this”, as an attempt to compose yourself and to cover the hurt so no one else will notice.
Those hurt feelings are real. Emotions brought back to life from events that you experienced years ago. Memories caught and stored away on an energetic timeline, that acts similar to a time capsule. It holds the memories that are recorded by specific ages of your past. Now every time you step into a new situation, your computer of a mind files through these memories that have been stored away, with the intent to determine if your present situation is safe or unsafe. The mind looks for similar situations from the past and then labels this present event as the same. That explains why a simple moment in present time, can quickly trigger a perception and produce the same emotions experienced from those past events.
What will help?
Remember that what you are experiencing probably originated from an earlier life event.
Take a moment and think…
- What Age might these present emotion originate from? (If you can’t come up with an age, use the skill of muscle testing)
- Ask yourself the question…”What other Ages might hold the same emotional charge?” (It’s quicker to address all the events that has a similar root emotion, than to take them each individually.
- Now, if you are ready to unplug from what you have been experiencing and create a change…a healthier way to view the situation.
- Give recognition to the way that you feel. Go ahead and own all the thoughts that accompany. The Comfort Cd has worked really well to give the acknowledgment that the emotional body is in need of.
- Let – go through prayer, tapping on acupressure points, simple eye-release, hold major stress points, Sand-Talk
- Organize what you want to experience. Think through how you want to react next time and create the plan that will implement more positive responses. If you are not focused on creating a “Living Wish”, then your actions will support choices toward a “death wish” (basically anything that is not supporting your own health and wellness). Here again I use the skill of Sand Talk to help me really see what I want. (Everyone needs a clear view of what they want and where they want to go. For detailed instruction from a master at creating a Life Vision Plan click here)
- Work your plan – that means daily implementation, revising what is not working and applying your ideas and principles again. The way I revise is to check my energy temperature – “What level of frequency am I choosing to exist?” “What level of Energy fuels my thoughts and motives?”
Click Here to see the GLOW workshop coming up in January